Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'M BACK FROM QUILT MARKET

Kathy Miller of Michael Miller Fabrics; me; Sandi Henderson; Patty Young


I came back Sunday eve with my mind full of glorious color, events and people. However, my body has had a different take. Temperatures there in the mid 90's, late nights, early mornings and a three hour time change had me moving slowly yesterday. But I'm back to my perky self and ready to Show and Tell.


On Thursday eve Michael Miller Fabrics and Caroline of JCaroline Creative hosted a 2.0 Meet and Greet at Oba Restaurante. Thanks Kathy and Caroline for a fabulous event!

I was incredibly excited to finally meet my new Michael Miller family. Kathy Miller is a truly wonderful person and I'm honored to work with her. Sweet Sandi Henderson has been so helpful and encouraging to me, I just couldn't help but squeeze her. Patty Young and I both signed on w/ MMF at the same time. She's actually shorter than I am! I know, hard to believe, isn't it? Okay, then here's Caroline Devoy, doing what she does best, making people laugh. If you haven't read her blog and need a good laugh, just click on her name and check it out. Here are some of my favorite designers. Everyone is so kind and fun. Lots of laughter and hugs.Tina Givens booth was impeccable in every way. I'd never met her before and found her to be so engaging. LOVE her style. It was great to catch up w/ Anna Maria and see her colorful, new collections. Amy Butler's booth was beautiful. She is so tall I told her my camera couldn't fit both of us, so she graciously sat down for this photo. It was wonderful to see Heather Bailey again. She's used to having to come down to my level for pics. Love her!Joel Dewberry's booth was so tastefully done. I didn't feel comfortable taking photo's of other designer's booths (that's a no-no in my world), but will tell you I was tempted. Joel has very exquisite taste. And so warm and friendly, as well. Valori Wells has also been incredibly helpful by giving me pattern repeat info when I started on my designs. Busy gal. She was doing double duty in her booth and promoting her newest book. Jennifer Paganelli was another exceptionally delightful person to meet. I wish I'd spent more time with her. I really enjoyed Melissa Averinos, as much, if not more than her yummygoods site.
This new venture is so rewarding. I've never met nicer people, seriously. I can't wait until the next Quilt Market in Houston this October. Book me a ticket! I hope, hope my fabrics will be ready by then!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Paula!
    Looks I missed a wonderful time at the Quilt Show. Thank you for sharing your pictures.
    Still have my pink cast on...cutting off this Friday. Yeah!
    Thank you for sharing.

    KayEllen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula! It was so wonderful meeting you at Market! It was an experience I will never forget and I keep telling everyone how thrilled I am to be surrounded by the amazing team of designers that MMF has put together... not to mention the crew itself! We are gonna rock the house in Houston! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing these pictures and commentary! I so wish I could have been there. I am marking the Fall 2009 show on my calendar.

    Looking forward to seeing your collection.

    sheree

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed meeting you, Paula! I'm really happy to have you on our team. I think your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula- It was so nice to meet you at Market. Your work is beautiful! Hope to see you again in Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula - It's so nice to 'meet' you! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.

    I've been avidly reading posts about the Quilter's Market everywhere. It sounds so inspiring! I've been creating patterns but none of them have seen the light of day. I don't know what I'll do with them but it's so fun to see everyone's work.

    To bad the general public can't attend the Market. I live in Houston so it would be very easy for me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, you got to meet so many talented designers, some that I had heard of and more that I hadn't. so fun to read your account of your time in my lovely city.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails