Monday, January 19, 2009

SAN DIEGO SHOW + TELL

Please, don't hate me. I have been gloriously swept away from the bitter cold of Indiana by my Prince Charming husband to sunny and warm California. He had an on again, off again business trip that all of a sudden was on and wanted me to join him. Being the dutiful wife that I always am, I dropped everything. Do I hear growling? Oh, it's probably Jennifer who is back at the office, freezing and buried in work. I'll get you a t-shirt, sweetie.

The highlight was that my friend Kay Ellen drove down to spend the day with me last Tuesday and we had a wonderful time. I'm thankful for the photos that Kay took of our day, so please check out Kay's blog here for her great photo journaling of the days events.

Here's just one serene view of an area outside of the Hilton Mission Bay Resort and of
one of the chandeliers inside. It's hard to show you how simply cool this was. It was all hand blown glass balls threaded with clear string. It truly looked like bubbles under water.




Next stop; Santa Barbara. Until then....

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Paula:)

    Stopped by my mom's tonight to see your article up close...really wonderful and inspiring...

    Enjoy your warm California days;0)

    Thank you for the inspiration!

    Hugs,
    KayEllen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are enjoying your warm weather getaway! Looks like a lovely place to visit.

    Happy New Year!
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be waiting for my t-shirt!!! Enjoy the rest of your time. The kids are excited that there is only one more sleep until they see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your pics Paula and its wonderful that you take time to appreciate the beauty that is all around us. If you were serious about wanting to know about the bands on the palm trees, my Florida family says they are to prevent rodents from climbing the palm trees...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no you didn't!!! You came to San Diego without contacting me!! I am so sad that I didn't get to see you in person and take you to lunch!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails