Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I SEE A PEDICURE IN MY NEAR FUTURE

Guess who did a little shopping? My birthday is this week, so I treated myself. Remember those 2 vintage necklaces I picked up awhile back? I think I spent $7 for both. Didn't really have anything that matched...until now! Orange you loving those shoes? Green with envy? Hope to wear them at Quilt Market, but I can tell you now, I'll be in pain. I have never been able to wear heels, and love them. At Fall Quilt Market I had these awesome heels that I was determined to wear (I'm 5'1" and feel more like 4'8" next to Amy Butler and Heather Bailey). Instead of looking hot, I staggered around in pain, leaning on anyone that stood close enough. Towards the end of the 2.0 party I yanked them off and wandered around bare footed. I'm just warning you. I will wear them and I will whine. Let me know if you don't like people leaning on you.

Nothing is going as planned today. Camera battery was dead. Trying to send an email to a fellow designer and no matter what I try she isn't getting them. My stat counter has not been working for days and took me hours to figure out the problem, so had to re-install that. All these mechanical things annoy me. It's a love-hate relationship. I hate the problems, but I do love to play on the computer and see what everyone is up to when I have time....and even when I don't really have the time.

So what did I do? I joined Twitter!!! Yes, way! I had never even been on Twitter, but last week was catching up on my blog favs and Heather was telling us she joined Twitter. I know Patty is a huge fan, so I got curious. Went poking around. Next thing I know, I am a legalized Twit. Basically got nothing much done all weekend. If you're interested come join me on Twitter. Check out my sidebar. But beware, it's definately addicting, and a time waster. On the good side, as a self employed person, I don't have regular contact with the outside world. Don't have that problem now! It's a great way to find out what other's are up to, what they're working on in a quick way. Are any of you Twittering? Let me hear from you.

Hey, look what I found on my Flights of Fancy Flickr group? Another handbag made by Simone of Gardenhouse using a bit of my Garden Trellis fabric. She always uses the most awesome brooches and vintage ribbon.



And look at this Orange dress! A combination of Sandi's Farmer's Market and another of my Garden Trellis colorways...orange, of course. Wonderful Spring color.

My second line of fabrics should be here this week. I can't wait!!! It will become busier than busy once they arrive, but I promise some sneak peeks.

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Paula, I hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of those cute green shoes! They are super!
    Blister Block and those little ball of foot pad thingys are the best thing ever to happen to high heels, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paula! Awesome new shoes!! I'd better get me some tall ones too or you're gonna tower over me at the show, neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! I think beautiful new shoes are a great way to treat yourself! I think April birthdays are some of the nicest- all the gorgeous flowers blooming just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday! Great shoes! Try the ball pad things and see if they make a difference. Cute bag and dress made with your fabric. That must really make you feel happy!

    Hey, I'm a Twit too - just started and only have a few friends so far. Look for me: somethinglisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!! Love the shoes. Cannot wait to see the new fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to you! Those shoes are fabulous! If i tried wearing those i would probably fall over. ;)

    I am looking forward to seeing your new line!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!! Those shoes are fantastic. I'm too tall to wear shoes like that, so I'm a tad bit jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paula, you can lean on me in Houston this fall! I LOVE those shoes! Have a great birthday week and thanks for your support this week!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG your shoes, outfit, jewelry, etc... I have to take a picture of you =) So fresh and fun!! I am jealous!! I can't wait to see your new line. When do we get to see a sneak peek? -Loree

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw those same green shoes in the store just yesterday! I love em, but I opted for more practical. :)
    I hope I get to meet you at market!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your green shoes. Where did you get them? Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim, thanks! Will do. Karen..DSW. And thank you all for the birthday wishes. Warm wishes were definately felt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A legalized twit.
    You crack me up!

    Happy Birthday to an extraordinary person!

    Hugs!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday (a little late)! '

    those green shoes are ADORABLE!!! I wish I had someplace to wear them.

    ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy (belated) Birthday. Lovely combination...as might be expected! I wish you health,joy, happiness, creativity, and all of God's many blessings.
    Thank you for bringing me such visual pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated birthday! I LOVE both of those shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails