Today is a frantically busy day around here. Tomorrow I leave for a TV shoot for Quilting Arts. You might think this is exciting, but for me, not so much. Here are just a few things I'm dealing with today:
1. I am driving instead of flying because it would actually take longer to fly with a lay over in the opposite direction! I have no sense of direction and am not gadget savvy, but will be taking my husband's GPS that we named Sheila. I haven't been fond of Sheila because she tends to dominate the conversations when we travel. I've kind of made fun of her a time or two. I have her sitting on the kitchen counter and have been speaking kindly to her, hoping anything I've said will be overlooked once we hit the road together.
2. I am not a natural in front of the camera. In fact, I have a fear of becoming tongue-tied. It's probably because I think tongue-tied people are hilarious. I quickly jot down what they accidently said so I can crack up over and over again. Like our local weather man that said "warm mare ass" instead of "warm air mass". Then he started laughing so hard he was red and wheezing and couldn't talk. Then, at a high school play, the star (who was a very close friend of the family) said "a fat of heathers" instead of "a hat of feathers". She just kept on and never noticed. Will I do that? Or will I hear myself and start laughing so hard that I pee my pants? Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of!
3. I didn't lose the 10 lbs to counteract the 10 lbs the camera puts on.
4. And worst of all, I have nothing to wear! Do you know all the rules about what you can and cannot wear? Well, here goes: NO black, white, prints or patterns, sleeveless or short sleeve (long sleeve not a great choice either), turtlenecks, dangle jewelry, colorful nail polish, noisy shoes. 80% of my closet is black, white or black & white. The remaining 20% clashes with the project I am demonstrating. So I spent my entire Sunday running to EVERY clothing store. No seriously! Guess what colors are in? Black and white and purple. Purple clashes with my project. I sure wish my patterns were complete because I would've had the perfect thing to wear. Oh well, I still don't know what I'm wearing, but perfecting my demo, a manicure, renting car and sweet talking Sheila are now at the top of my list.
You know I must have a colorful blog post prepared for you, so here's the WOW!
No, I haven't opened a shoe store. But after just reading that Jessica over at Mia Joie just sold 65+ pair of shoes in less than 2 hours, I'm kicking myself that I didn't open a Summer Soiree Shoe Store myself! I missed the whole thing, but I guess quite a few others did too. Amazing. Look at those tiny houndstooth mary janes. And the ....oh, ALL of them! Jessica, you are amazing. Thank you for doing exactly what I imagined could be done with my fabrics.
Changing subjects, I just need to brag on my own daughter for a moment. I mentioned previously that Jennifer became a Stella & Dot Stylist a few months ago and has already been promoted to a Director. She is totally in her element. As a mom, you just know and delight in seeing your children find that thing that lights them up. Here are some recent pictures of a Stella & Dot event in San Francisco. Just a proud mom here.
Jennifer with some of her team
Jennifer on stage
Go check out her blog and the Stella & Dot jewelry.
Oh, almost forgot a couple things. First, thanks so much for all the kind comments on my blog and in personal emails. You are so kind. I am doing much better. It was just so weird how the memories returned during the anniversary time. Some of you shared some powerful things that you have also dealt with. Truth is, we all deal with things and it's comforting to know we are not alone.
THEN, HELLO. Laura Gunn and I will both be doing a TV shoot the same day. Laura is being interviewed (Lucky Dog!). We'll take lots of pictures and keep you posted. Now, back to frantic mode. xoxo