Friday, October 28, 2011

LITTLE OLD LADY IN PASADENA

Painting with Bob Burridge
Yesterday I painted from 9 to 4 straight through.  No food; no potty breaks and I didn't even notice.  There was no stopping me from taking full advantage of the time I had.  You know from my last post that I am wanting to loosen up and have more fun with painting.  Bob Burridge is just the painter and instructor to help with that.    
The first thing to go is small brushes.  So I spent all day with only two large brushes,  (even though I did briefly use a smaller brush that the gal next to me smuggled in. Shhh.  Baby steps, okay?)   We started out doing one painting per minute based on one word (and big brushes), then rapidly moved  along until we finally had three beginning pieces.   Here's mine:


I kept thinking I have never had this much fun not knowing what the heck I was doing.  Today I have three different workshops until 8 pm so I've already had a talk with myself to please remember to eat and do other necessary things.  Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. You are so talented! You're inspiring me to challenge myself.

    It looks like you are having a great time and stretching those creative wings of yours! I'm also using this week (that would have been cuh-razee if I were going to Houston) to draw and do some creating. It feels great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this...Good for you! Looks like so much fun Paula!

    xo
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those paintings are to die for!!!! I see a future Christmas gift in the making - the flowers are spectacular. So glad to see you having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. This really has been a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great paintings! Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome paintings Paula! You did a great job. I can't wait to see what fabric lines come out of this experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your paintings! My son who is BARELY 15 will be in Pasadena with our band for the Tournament of Roses Parade soon...I know he will learn a lot, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails