Tuesday, October 14, 2014

ALMOST HOME

ALMOST HOME 24X30 acrylic on canvas
Another larger painting based on my Plane View series has experienced a great deal of transformation, evolution and is at last possibly complete. I tried taking a few photos with my cell phone this evening. Don't know why but each one I took is lacking in clarity and color so I took a couple close-ups to show better color, texture and detail. I must admit I am loving the close-ups which got my creative wheels spinning. 







For those that know me, as much as I love, love, love abstract art my brain revolts each and every time I make an attempt. Experimenting, permission to play and trying new things is a rewarding process. It reminds me of our kids repeating over and over as we barely left the driveway, "Are we there yet?" We tried to point out the beauty and new experiences along the way, but they only had the end in mind. Wisdom and experience says enjoy each step along the journey. 

I am on a journey of sorts with my Plane View studies. While others choose to read or snooze on flights I prefer to sketch little studies from my window seat. I recently made 4 of my Plane View pieces available as prints in my Etsy Shop

PLANE VIEW #4, 11, 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails