Monday, November 1, 2010

SHOW + TELL BATHROOM SINK MAKEOVER


BEFORE
Remember this hideous bathroom I reluctantly shared with you a few months ago here?  I inherited 4 such bathrooms (2 full, 2 half baths) when we purchased a fixer-upper a few years ago.   We have tackled a room at a time, and it was high-time we tackled this one to the ground. My goal was to transform this guest bath using readily available items and use more elbow grease than money. 
. 
Even though this is the guest bath, it's primarily Tim's bathroom.  He is so into demolitions that we barely had the conversation and I found him up there ripping out the classic country plaid wallpaper.  I grabbed a piece out of the trash and rehung those wicker mirrors to try to show you the before.
.
Tim wanted vessel sinks, and since new cabinetry is too tall for vessels, we used the original cabinet base and Tim custom made new doors and drawers which I painted a rich, dark cappuccino.  The glass vessel sinks, faucets, carrera marble and glass tiles for the backsplash and handles are from Lowe's.  The countertop is honed cultured marble we custom ordered from Home Depot.  The mirror is from World Market. Towel bar and towels are from Home Goods.  Behr paint is a wonderful soft aqua/green to match the vessel sinks.  I wish you could see the wall's true color but my camera keeps washing it out.  Voila.
.
(And, no I didn't attach my name to the wall.  I usually forget to add my mark on my photos and then find them elsewhere on the web without mentioniing the source).  

AFTER




 We are so pleased with the results.  Like proud new parents we find ourselves peeking in on our new pride and joy.  However, while the dust was still settling I found my Mini MacGyver tearing out the country blue wallpaper in the master bath and ripping out the cabinetry.  Zero "before" pictures this time folks!!!!  He's too fast for me.  Oh, and while he was waiting for the new sinktop we ordered to arrive he ripped out the powder room floor and toilot and layed new tile.  I clearly gotta keep my eye on this guy.  He's a human wrecking ball.  The amazing thing is he does all this when he's home on the weekends.

That's all I can talk about today.  I do have so much to tell you...some very big happenings which will have to wait for another day. 

10 comments:

  1. Your new bathroom sink is gorgeous! Love the color scheme, your sinks! And faucets are so cool! I actually like the idea of your name on the wall, with Mr Prass's name on the other side. A very personal touch, and a step above having the towels embroidered "His" and "Hers". Thanks for sharing, it all turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimberly! Now that is a cool idea about the names on the wall! Hmm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and what an energetic guy. Lucky you. Love your new bathroom and how wonderful to have 4 bathrooms. Stunning. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! But then your new bathroom looks just like my master bath so i guess that I would like it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos look amazing!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful!!You guys are a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It looks fantastic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing before and after pictures and your bathroom looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my what a lovely bathroom. I like the dark cabinets and mirror against the light vanity top. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely breathtaking!!! Your taste reminds me of designer Candice Olson of Divine Design. I love her show. My husband and I have renovated 3 of our previous homes and are now settled into our dream home in the country where we hope to retire in the future. We just moved into our new home in December and although I said I wasn't up to doing any renovations but two months later I found myself renovating again. So I truly truly appreciate your work and your stories working with your husband. I completely understand!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails