Friday, May 22, 2009

SPRING 2009 QUILT MARKET PART TWO

I don't really know what happened, but we didn't end up with that many people photos, and some of the ones we did take were scary bad. I felt like I spent a good deal of the time dodging cameras myself. Nonetheless, there are plenty of strange photos of me appearing on blogland. On top of that, our roomie, Sandi Henderson toted around this cute little flip video and she's got Jenn and I shakin in our boots. Sometimes you'd turn the corner to find that little thing right in your face. A whole lotta dodging was going on.

Here's what I do have....


This is Simone Howell. I have blogged about her a couple times before, but this was our first time to meet. She is as absolutely gorgeous as her handiwork. She made the handbags and jumper in my booth. She's a dream to work with because she "gets it". Her work is perfection. She exceeds my high expectations and makes everything even better with vintage ribbons, brooches and lace. Okay, just think I talked her up to the point she won't have time for me anymore. Trust me, you'll be seeing that cute face again..and again.

Then, oh my goodness, I'm in LOVE with this couple. Brad and Jill of Lanie Jane. So fun and..oh let me just say it...Squeezable. We laughed and carried on as if we'd known each other forever. Along with their on-line fabric store, Jane also has a blog worth visiting.


And what would Quilt Market be like without these two very dear friends? Sandi and Patty; not to be confused with Sandi Patty. Seriously, they are both wonderful, but you already know that, don't you?

And of course, here is me and Jennifer, joined at the hip. Patty took this awesome picture of us with that new camera of hers (picture below). So professional looking, huh?


Sandi, Paula and Patty soaking our pained feet before we took off for the Michael Miller dinner.
.
We took lots of pictures of Patty's Birthday surprise , but I think this one is her initial response. Looks like Myrinda was trying to scare her. Funny.
.
Well, that might be it for now.
.
Now don't forget to go to Dana's and sign up for that Quilt Along/Giveaway. Free quilting lessons from the best!
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

10 comments:

  1. LOVED your pictures!

    And...your booth...all I can say is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great time at market.....Russ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Paula,

    I loved meeting you at market. You are as sweet and adorable as I thought you would be, and I love your fabric! Your pictures as so fun. I wish I would have thought to bring my camera and take pictures of all of the wonderful people I met. I was thinking cameras would be "off limits" in the show. (I'll know better next time.)

    Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I'm glad you enjoyed the video ;)
    I have to say its great being able to "meet" people I've been seeing in blogger land. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just the darn best thing ever! So sweet! Luv you and Jennifer too! And I LOVE the pic of you and Jennifer that Patty took...I think it was Patty. Hope you are having a great weekend.
    xoxo simone

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful booth Paula, My dream one day is to travel to the US just for the Quilt market (now to convince DH of my dream!)

    I cant wait to get my hands on some Summer Soiree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your booth looks darling!!!

    Love the colors that pillow!!!Pretty!
    With that chair!!!So glad your daughter got to go with you.
    Oh I know all about the sore feet...poor thing:(

    Did you get to meet Jackie?Just wondering...

    I stopped by her blog and asked the same thing.

    Hugs,
    KayEllen

    BTW the Artful Blogging magazine I am in is available now..at Micheals, Joannes, and Barnes and Noble:)Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't you just the sweetest thing ever! I am so thrilled that we had the chance to meet and laugh (and laugh).
    Luv you guys!

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful pictures! I can you tell you all had waaaaay too much fun at Market! LOL Can't wait to get some of those beautiful fabrics in my studio!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice spring moment. keep it up. thanks for share. see you on my blog also.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails