Tuesday, July 7, 2015

PANACHE

PANACHE 6x6 acrylic on hardboard $100
It wasn't until I was taking a photo of this painting that oddly it occurred to me how much this reminded me of my daughter's wedding 17 years ago. The celebration was filled with periwinkle dupioni silk, hydrangeas and yellow roses, love, laughter and lots of dancing. Hydrangea planters lining the isle and afterward I kept and planted a couple in my yard and enjoyed them for years. Unexpected memories at unexpected times. 

I pulled out the wedding album and whatya know? Here I am representing the periwinkle glory. I was not only the mother of the bride, but the matron of honor, too. What an honor indeed, but quite busy doing double duty so this is really the only pic of my daughter and I together that entire day. Jennifer looks even more beautiful today. Me? Not so much. I lost my neck somewhere along the way, but gained a few other extras.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails