Tuesday, January 15, 2013

TICKLED I TACKLED

It hit me that 5 years ago I started this blog as we were celebrating Amelia's 3rd birthday.  She turns 8 today.  I had not seen her for six whole months until Christmas, so there were lot's of "squeezing the stuffins" out of each other.  We always plan an "art day" whenever we're together.  Us girls spent a chilly day indoors cutting, pasting and painting.  I chose to tackle Amelia's puppy looking up at her longingly.  I have never painted fur and wasn't sure I could.  I guess I could say I was tickled I tackled this twosome.  Happy birthday my sweet girl.



I was able to make more progress on this painting of Amelia that I shared here.  I am trying to work much faster; not sure that is working for me yet.  



Remodeling has been coming along nicely and this place is actually starting to grow on me.  I kinda promised a lot more than I delivered on my blog last year.  Life takes over and I frankly think it's not all that interesting.  I thought I could catch up on tutorials in the Fall but in October I received a surprise licensing contract request which I accepted.  It took twice as long as I anticipated and I barely stepped away from my computer until Christmas.  A total computer crash didn't help.  No more art classes, Christmas parties, grocery shopping, sleeping....nada.  Tim and I spent the entire Thanksgiving holiday alone in front of the computer...no turkey and mashed potatoes or pumpkin pie for us, whaaaa whaaaa.  I guess Tim could have taken a photo of me dozing off with my head on my desk, but thank goodness he was too busy taking up the slack.  But alas, I did skid in under the deadline with some exciting products which I can't share until Fall.   

2013 already has lots of company lined up for us.  Jenn, Joe and kids just left, our dear friends are flying in from Nashville in a couple days, then other friends from Indiana will be here before I go back home to spend time with the fam..   Maybe I can do some bloggets??

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work as usual Paula! You have been a busy little bee. A photo of you asleep on the desk would have been so funny. "Bloggets" sound fabulous. Something is better than nothing - speaking of which I am behind on my blog this week! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting of your grandaughter, Amelia is turning out wonderful! I don't even know her, but I can see she looks just like her mother! You are one talented woman, ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails